Friday, November 3, 2023

the Wonderful Wizard of Oz page 8

 the Wonderful Wizard of Oz page 8 by ric gustafson


" I don't like this forest". The group stopped. " It's dark and creepy".
They started walking quickly. At one point, they heard a powerful roar. Just then, a Lion bounded into the road. The Lion smacked Scarecrow with his paw. He struck the Tin Man with his claws. Toto began to bark at him. The Lion began to chase Toto. It's intention was to bite him. 
Just then, Dorothy walked up and slapped the Lion on the nose.
" Don't you dare bite my Toto". She began to yell. " You ought to be ashamed of yourself".
The Lion rubbed his nose with a paw. " I didn't bite him".
" But you tried to".
The Lion began to cry. " Is my nose bleeding?".
Dorothy began to scold him. " You're nothing but a big coward".
" I know, I am a coward".
Scarecrow scratched his chin. " Have you always known that?".
" Yes". The Lion sighed. " My life has simply been unbearable".


research help: ' The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' by L. Frank Baum


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: