Monday, May 16, 2022

the end of days page 30

 the end of days page 30 by ric gustafson


Rory was standing next to his mother near the cash register. He stared at his right wrist. The area where the bio chip was inserted was still tender to the touch. The bar code on top of the chip read ' c3769a'. He was the first to receive it.
A young female checkout clerk scanned all the groceries. When it was time to pay, the young ckeckout clerk held up her scanner. " Your right wrist please".
" What do you mean my right wrist?". She stared at her son. " I've been buying groceries her for years".
" I know Mother". He smiled and held out his right wrist. " I'll pay for these".
" Rory, what's going on?".
The young clerk scanned Rory's bio chip. She handed him a receipt. " Thank you ' c3769a'".
Rory and his mother began to walk toward the exit.
" What just happened Rory?".
" I'll help get your groceries home". He smiled. " And then I will explain everything".


research help: ' The Mark' by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: