Monday, May 29, 2017

the empty box page 1

the empty box page 1 by ric Gustafson


I woke up. I looked around to see where I was. It looked like a long red box with white on the inside. I glanced next to me to see a young gentleman lying there with his hands folded. The person looked happy as if he knew where he was going.
I put my feet over the side of the box. I looked around the large room. To my right, I noticed several bouquets of flowers. I thought they looked beautiful. Somebody nearby was crying and was being held by someone.
I glanced toward a couple to my left. The female was crying. The male was trying to console her. I smiled because I recognized them.
" Hello, Uncle Louie".
No response.
I waved my arms. " Uncle Louie, it's me Ernie".
" He can't hear you".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: