Sunday, May 28, 2017

Mark page 7

Mark page 7 by ric Gustafson


Jesus asked the mob again. " Whom are you seeking?".
One soldier yelled. " Jesus of Nazareth".
" I have told you that I am he". His voice hesitated. " If you seek me, let these go their way".
All of a sudden, Peter drew a sword and flailed at a servant standing next to a high priest.
Malchus dropped to his knees screaming. His ear had been severed.
Jesus gave the burly fisherman a stern look. " Peter, put away your sword". He shook his head. " Shall I not drink the cup which my Father has given me". He knelt down, put his hands on the young servants head. His ear was immediately restored. Jesus stared at the mob. " Have you come out as against a robber with swords and clubs to take me". His voice hesitated. " I was daily with you in the temple teaching and you did not seize me". He sighed. " The Scriptures must be fulfilled".
The mob bound Jesus and led him away.


research help: ' Mark's Story' by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: