Wednesday, May 24, 2017

the closing of Rainbow Lanes page 1

the closing of Rainbow Lanes page 1 by ric Gustafson


I turned right into the parking lot. I could not believe what I was seeing. Tiny drops of rain spitted down on the windshield as I drove into an empty stall. I noticed that there were no cars in the parking lot. There was a large For Sale sign near the front entrance. As rain began to fall, tears of sorrow came to my eyes. I turned off the car.
I smiled as I noticed an elderly man sitting under an overhang by the front door. It was the Creator. I got out of the Saturn and walked up to him.
" Don't be sad Ric". He smiled at me. " Here, sit next to me".
I smiled and sat down.
" I have not seen you around here for awhile".
" I've been involved in local theatre for the last four years".
" I remember the last time you were here". The rain intensified. " You bowled with me".
As we sat watching the rain come down, memories of that Saturday afternoon began to come back.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: