Friday, May 19, 2017

Mark page 4

Mark page 4 by ric Gustafson


John Mark followed several paces behind the group as it exited the city. The group began to walk toward a grove of olive trees. The group crossed a brook which was little more than a stream. The brook ran through the Kidron Valley.
John Mark was close enough to hear Jesus speak.
" All of you will be made to stumble because of me this night".
Peter spoke up. " Master, even if all are made to stumble". He stared at Jesus. " I will not".
Jesus stopped. He gave the burly fisherman a sad look. " Assuredly, I say to you that even this night before the rooster crows twice". He sighed. " You will deny me three times".
Peter spoke up. " If I have to die with you, I will not deny you".
All of the disciples spoke up. " Not me, I will stand with you".
John Mark followed the group to a beautiful garden called Gethsemane. This garden was enclosed by a low stone wall.
They entered the gate.
" Peter, James and John". Jesus sighed. " Follow me".
John Mark followed Jesus and the three men.


research help: ' Mark's Story' by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: