Thursday, May 18, 2017

Mark page 3

Mark page 3 by ric Gustafson


John Mark was sitting at the top of the stairs. He wanted to listen to the conversation. He could hear Jesus.
" Assuredly I say to you one of you who eats with me will betray me".
All of them asked Jesus ' is it I?".
" It is the one who dips with me in the dish".
The disciples gasped.
" Woe to that man whom the Son of Man is betrayed". Jesus's voice hesitated. " It would be good for that man if he had never been born".
John Mark quietly watched as Judas Iscariot walked down the stairs. Then, he heard bowls being passed around. " Take eat, this is my body".
He heard the clink of a wine goblet.
" This is my blood of the new covenant". More clinking. " Which is shed for many".
' What is he talking about' John Mark thought.
" I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until the day when I drink it new in the Kingdom of God".  " I have washed your feet".
' We washed them earlier' he thought to himself.
" You also ought to wash one another's feet".
Later, Jesus prayed. He opened his eyes. " After we sing, please join me at the Mount of Olives".
The group left.


research help: ' Mark's Story' by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: