Saturday, May 20, 2017

Mark page 5

Mark page 5 by ric Gustafson


John Mark watched from behind an olive tree.
Jesus stared at his friends. " My soul is sorrowful even to death". He sighed. " Stay here and watch".
The three watched as Jesus fell to the ground.
" If it is possible". He began to weep. " Allow this hour to pass from me".
John Mark could not believe what he was witnessing.
" Alla Father, all things are possible for you". Jesus lay prostate. " Take this cup away from me". His forehead was resting on his hands in the dirt. " Not what I will but what you will".
Jesus stood up and returned to his three friends. " Simon, are you sleeping?". He gave him a stern look. " Could you not watch one hour?".
Peter stood up. " Lord, I am here".
James and John stood up.
" Watch and pray lest you enter into temptation". He looked at his friends with love in his eyes. " The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak".
Jesus walked away.
Peter nudged James and John. " Nudge me if I doze again".
John Mark kept watching.


research help: ' Mark's Story' by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: