Monday, March 10, 2014

Moses page 16

Moses page 16 by ric gustafson


Moses felt strange as he and Aaron walked into the meeting of the elders of Israel. Since he had been gone for forty years, some of the faces he recognized and some he didn't.
" My brother was told by God to lead us out of the land of Egypt" Aaron said in a confident voice. " To a land that flows with milk and honey".
The assembly was silent.
" God has commanded my brother to go to Pharaoh and demand that the people be released to go into the desert for three days to sacrifice to our God".
" Moses, how do we know that the voice you heard was the voice of the God of Abraham?".
" He told me to tell you that I Am had sent me". Moses stared at the assembly. " He told me he was the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the great I Am".
One of the elders spoke up. " Moses, we need a sign that God has spoken to you".
Moses threw his staff on the ground. It turned into a serpent. The elders cried out in fear. Moses picked it up by it's tail and it became a staff again.
" Moses, the magicians of Pharaoh can do the same thing".
" All things are possible with God" Moses said as he and his brother stood up to leave. " Aaron and I will stand alone before Pharaoh".


research help: ' By Way Of The Wilderness' by Gilbert Morris


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: