Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Moses page 14

Moses page 14 by ric gustafson


Moses kept his head down in fear.
" I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians".
Moses did not look up.
" I will bring them to a land flowing with milk and honey".
He still did not look up.
" Now go, I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people out of Egypt".
Moses now stood up. " Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt".
" I will be with you". The voice paused. " When you bring the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain".
Moses had a perplexed look on his face. " What will I say if they ask me the name of the one who sent me?".
" Say I am who I am, I am has sent me to you".
" What if they do not believe me?".
" Throw your staff on the ground".
Moses did so and the staff turned into a snake.
" Put your hand inside your cloak".
Moses did so and white spots like leprosy appeared on it.
" If they do not pay attention to either of these signs, take some water from the Nile, pour it on the ground and blood will appear".
Moses stared at the bush. " Lord, please take someone else".
" Take your staff and your brother Aaron the Levite can speak for you".
The bush ceased to burn and the voice fell silent.


research help: ' By Way Of The Wilderness' by Gilbert Morris


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: