Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I'll Have A Cup page 4

I'll Have A Cup page 4 by ric gustafson"


Francine took out another cup. " I call this cup my Open Cup".
Darlene stared at the pretty designs on it. " Why is that?".
" This cup reminds me that for God to be fully in my life, I must be willing to receive".
Davis scratched his chin. " Willing to receive".
" If my heart and mind are totally receptive, God can communicate with me and nourish me".
Davis looked at the cup. " Are there obstacles to an open cup?".
" Yes, the cup could be cluttered with anxiety, resentment and mistrust".
Davis smiled. " Will the cup ever be empty?".
" It can and then it needs to be refilled".
Darlene handed the cup back to Francine. " What goes into the cup to refill it?".
" When we trust God, he will fill our cup with love, wisdom and God's gifts".
Francine put the cup back into the case. " Do you have time to see another one?".
Davis looked at his watch. " Sure".


research help: ' The Cup of our Life' by Joyce Rupp


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: