Saturday, January 7, 2023

Priscilla and Aquila page 14

 Priscilla and Aquila page 14 by ric gustafson


Aquila walked into the house.
" Aquila, we have a visitor".
Aquila smiled. " Paul". They embraced. " My brother in Christ".
" I have come to you because I need work".
" Right now I just can't". He stared at Priscilla. " I do not have an established clientele yet".
Just then, a balding man walked in.
" Are you the owner of this shop?".
" I am Aquila of Pontus". He smiled. " I own this shop".
" I am Iuventius Proclus". His voice hesitated. " I host the annual Isthmian Games here in Corinth".
" Welcome to my shop".
" I would like you to make some tents and awnings for the Games".
" It would be our honor".
He handed Aquila a large bag of coins. " This should cover the deposit".
After he left, Aquila grinned at Paul. " When can you start?".


research help: ' Daughter of Rome' by Tessa Afshar


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: