Friday, January 20, 2023

oz dialogue 6

 oz dialogue 6 by ric gustafson


Dorothy: Oh please Professor why can't we go with you and see the Crowned Heads of Europe
Professor Marvel: Do you know any oh you mean the thing yes well I never do anything without consulting my crystal first Let's go inside here well just come along I'll show you 
Professor Marvel helps Dorothy step into the wagon
Professor Marvel: That's right here sit right down here this is the same genuine magic authentic crystal used by the priests of Isis and Osiris in the days of the Pharaohs of Egypt in which Cleopatra first saw the approach of Julius Caesar and Marc Antony and so on and so on
Professor Marvel: Now you better close your eyes my child for a moment in order to be better in tune with the infinite
Dorothy closes her eyes. Professor Marvel peeks into her basket.
Professor Marvel: Now you can open them we'll gaze into the crystal ah what's this I see a house with a picket fence and a barn with a weather vane of a running horse.
Dorothy: That's our farm
Professor Marvel: There's a woman she's wearing a polka dot dress her face is careworn
Dorothy: That's Aunt Em
Professor Marvel: Her name is Emily
Dorothy: That's right What's she doing?
Professor Marvel: Well I can't quite see why she's crying someone has hurt her someone has just broken her heart
Dorothy: Me?
Professor Marvel: Well it's someone she loves very much  someone she's been very kind to  someone she's taken care of in sickness
Dorothy: I had the measles once she stayed right by me every minute What's she doing now?
Professor Marvel: What's this she's putting her hand on her heart she's dropping down on the bed
Dorothy: Oh no!
Professor Marvel: That's all the crystal's gone dark
Dorothy: You don't suppose she could really be sick do you? I've got to go home right away 
Professor Marvel: But what's this I thought you were going along with me
Dorothy: Oh no I have to get to her right away come on Toto goodbye Professor Marvel and thanks a lot
Professor Marvel: Better get under cover Sylvester there's a storm blowin a whopper poor little kid I hope she gets home all right


research help: Wizard of Oz trading cards


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: