Saturday, December 25, 2021

the stranger who came to town page 9

 the stranger who came to town page 9 by ric gustafson


" Hello Mr Tang". Brandon put the ledger away. " Have you decided to check out?".
" Actually, that's what I wanted to talk about". He smiled at Clarice. " How is the arm and elbow doing?".
" Great, thank you".
" Mr Marcotte, my travel plans have changed". He gave him a strange grin. " I would like to stay here for a few more days". He took out his wallet. " I assume it's still thirty if I eat at Flora's".
" That's right".
" I hope the room has been satisfactory".
" It's been just fine". He put some money on the front counter.
" I have been hearing a strange noise coming from my car". He grinned. " I was wondering where the closest service station is?".
" About a mile down the highway is Phipps Service Station".
" Thank you". He walked toward the front door. " Good night Clarice".
" Good night Mr Tang".
He walked out.
" Well, let's get to work".
They began to clean.


research help: original story


Merry Christmas. Love Ric

No comments: