Friday, December 24, 2021

the stranger who came to town page 7

 the stranger who came to town page 7 by ric gustafson


Homer's Saturn headed down the highway toward the Smokey Flats Motel. " How long have you known Josh?".
" I've known Josh ever since junior high school".
" Are you a Christian Clarice?".
" I'm not a believer". She smiled. " I do go to church with Josh".
" How is your arm and elbow?".
" Great". She moved them up and down with no pain. " Whatever you did thank you".
Homer drove into a stall in the empty parking lot. " I hope business improves for the motel".
" I hope so also". Clarice opened the passenger door and got out. " Thank you for the ride Mr Tang".
" My pleasure".
She walked into the motel lobby.
Homer returned to his room. He worshiped his golden calf statue for hours.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: