Thursday, December 23, 2021

the stranger who came to town page 5

 the stranger who came to town page 5 by ric gustafson


" I'm sorry I cannot shake your hand Mr Tang". Clarice winced as she rubbed her arm and elbow. " It's really sore due to my tennis playing".
" I'm sorry to hear that". Homer touched Clarice's arm. She felt warmth to her arm and elbow. The pain left her. " I hope you'll feel better".
She looked at Homer with an astonished stare. She and Josh sat down and ordered breakfast. Flora brought them scrambled eggs and toast.
Flora gave Homer his bill.
" So where are you going after breakfast?".
" Church". Josh grinned. " We go to the only church in town".
He gave Flora some money. " What church is that?".
" Abundant Joy Lutheran Church". Clarice smiled. " It's the only church in town".
" Would you mind if I came to a service?". Homer gave a strange grin. " My travel plans have changed".
" Sure". Josh smiled. " Why don't you come with us right now?".
" Ok".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: