Saturday, December 18, 2021

the narrow gatekeeper page 1

 the narrow gatekeeper page 1 by ric gustafson


I was walking along a broad road. I noticed all kinds of people walking on this road. Old, young, women and children. They were all walking toward the same destination. So was I. The broad road was leading toward a wide gate with a gatekeeper dressed in red.
At one point as I walked, I noticed something odd to the left. It was a small narrow gate. On top was a small sign saying ' this way to eternal life'. Something in my heart told me to step out of this mass of people and check out this narrow gate.
I walked up to the small gate. A young bearded man in white was opening up the gate for a young couple to enter.
The young gatekeeper smiled at me. " Hello".
" Hi" I nervously replied.
" Welcome". He shook my hand. " I'm glad you noticed my narrow gate".
I watched as endless masses of people were walking by. " Not too many people come over here".
" Everyone can see the sign and the gate". He frowned with sadness. " Very few actually walk over here".
I shook his hand. It looked scarred. " My name is Doug".
He smiled as he opened the gate for an elderly man. " You can call me Pop".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: