Friday, December 10, 2021

Madeleine Astor page 2

 Madeleine Astor page 2 by ric gustafson

Dear Jakey
One night, I was helping Mom and Dad with a party they were giving. At one point, I was greeting guests. Then I noticed someone behind me. It was your father.
" Miss Force". He smiled. " I hope I did not startle you".
" Not at all".
He was black clad and elegant. His hair was cut and combed. His gaze was focused on me.
" This is the first time I've seen you here in Bar Harbor".
He grinned. " My summer house is in Newport".
" And mine is here".
At dinner, we were not seated together. Next to me was a friend Leta Wright.
" Maddy, who sent you flowers?".
I blushed. " Colonel Astor".
" Who?".
I blushed again. " John Jacob Astor".
" Were you thrilled?".
" I was surprised".
" Maddy, he's too old and divorced".
I did not care.


research help: ' The second Mrs Astor' by Shana Abe


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: