Saturday, December 11, 2021

Madeleine Astor page 3

 Madeleine Astor page 3 by ric gustafson


Dear Jakey


One day, I was at the Robin Hood Park Raceway watching a race with my father. That day, I wore a picture hat and a cream silk scarf. All of a sudden, someone was standing right next to me.
" Miss Force". Colonel Astor smiled. " It is a pleasure to see you again".
" Colonel Astor". She turned around. " I did not realize you were standing there".
" Sometimes I'm stealthy as a cat".
" Colonel Astor, this is my father William Force".
They shook hands.
" Miss Force, are you a fan of the ponies?".
" Sometimes".
" Mr Force, I would like to invite you and your family to spend the weekend at my cottage".
" That is a kind offer Colonel".
He smiled at Madeleine. " There might be a yacht race this weekend".
Mr Force smiled. " We glady accept your hospitality".


research help: ' The second Mrs Astor' by Shana Abe


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: