Friday, December 10, 2021

Madeleine Astor page 1

 Madeleine Astor page 2 by ric gustafson


Dear Jakey


The next time I saw your father, I was seventeen. I was in a play in Bar Harbor. While I was doing a twirl, I saw him. After the performance, I was talking to a friend Mrs Ogden Mills. A man was standing right behind her.
" Miss Force". She grinned and pointed to the man behind her. " This is Colonel John Jacob Astor".
" Colonel, this is Madeleine Force daughter of William and Katherine Force".
The Colonel took her hand. " You were great tonight".
I frowned. " It could of been better".
He smiled. " I don't see how".
A moment later, he was gone
I walked back to be with my castmates.
The next morning, flowers began to arrive.


research help: ' The second Mrs Astor' by Shana Abe


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: