Saturday, October 26, 2013

M Antoinette page 2

M Antoinette page 2 by ric gustafson


1767


I felt sad thinking about my father and mother. Father passed away two years ago and now my brother Joseph's wife Josepha had contracted smallpox which was called the scourge of Europe. One day, Joseph found me in the garden with Charlotte. " My wife is dead".
There was a three month official mourning for her death and my sister, who had the same name as Joseph's wife, had her marriage to the King of Naples put on hold. I was hoping she would still be here for my 12th birthday in three weeks.
One day, she stopped me in my personal bedchamber. " Promise me you won't forget me when I'm gone".
October 15th, I waved goodbye to my sixteen year old sister who was to become Archducess Maria Josepha Gabriella Johanna Antonia Ana goodbye.


research help: ' Becoming Marie Antoinette' by Juliet Grey


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: