Monday, October 21, 2013

Line 1 2013 page 6

Line 1 2013 page 6 by ric gustafson


" So what happened?".
" One day, your crazy God tells me about this person named Job".
" Did you know him?".
" Of course". The voice cackled. " I've been observing his life for decades".
" Then what?".
" I told him that the reason he loves you is because his life is perfect".
" What did God do?".
" He said that I was wrong and to prove it took away his protection".
" Then what did you do?".
" I destroyed his family, his farm, his livestock and his wealth".
" He did not give in".
" I was stunned to see that this two legged moron kept worshiping God".
" What did you do then?".
" I went back and told him that the reason he still loved him was because of his health".
Jesse took a sip of coffee. " What did God do then?".
" He let me have his body but up to a point".
" What do you mean by up to a point?".
" I could not take his life".
" Job never gave in".
" After it was all over". The strange voice hesitated. " I knew that I had lost one to him which does not happen very often".


research help: ' Interview with the Devil' by Russell Wight


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: