Thursday, October 24, 2013

Line 1 2013 page 7

Line 1 2013 page 7 by ric gustafson


Jesse fingered his bible. " Can you tell our listening audience about your tempting Jesus in the Wilderness?".
The voice cackled. " Ok, first of all I tried to kill your pathetic God's Son  when he was a really young child".
" Which didn't work".
" No". The voice hesitated. " I tried to kill every male child under two but he and his family had already escaped".
" How did Jesus meet you in the Wilderness?".
" I watched him for forty days and then approached him".
" How was he at that time?".
" Very hungry and tired".
" How did you try to tempt him?".
" I knew he was really hungry so I said to him tell the stones to become bread".
" How did Jesus react?".
" He quoted from that stupid book called a bible".
" Then what did you do?".
" I took him to the most elevated point of the Temple Mount".
Jesse took a sip of coffee. " Why did you take him there?".
" Before us was Jerusalem and I knew the rejection that he was going to face".
" What did you tell him?".
" I told him to jump reassuring him that angels would protect him".
" What was his reaction?".
" He quoted from that stupid book again".
" Then what happened?".
" I said to him everything in this world could be his if he would just bow on his knee one time to me".
" Then what happened?".
" He quoted a third time from that stupid book".
" Then what".
" I got frustrated and then left".


research help: ' Interview with the Devil' by Russell Wight


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: