Monday, February 25, 2013

the tangled vines page 2

the tangled vines page 2 by ric gustafson


" I'm not sure if I can go to Jimmy's game or not" Mitchell said as he heard the doorbell ring. " I have a lot of work to do this afternoon". He wondered who was at the door at 7:30 in the morning. He opened it to reveal a young man with a dark beard who was wearing a white sweatshirt and white coveralls.
" Hi, I'm Jack Nates" he said as he pointed toward his white truck. " Nates Pruning".
" Oh yes, the big bush in the back". He looked at his watch. " I wasn't expecting you this early in the morning".
" I like to start early".
Mitchell led around the side of the house to the bush. " Here it is".
Jack studied the tangled vines. " I'll get started on it right away".
Mitchell stared at his white coveralls.
" Aren't your clothes going to get dirty?".
" In all the years that I have been doing this" he said with a wide grin. " I have never gotten these white clothes dirty".
" Ok".


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: