Monday, December 31, 2012

the unopened gift scene 3

the unopened gift scene 3 by ric gustafson



                                                   Scene 3


                                     A cab pulls up in front of the airport dropoff
                                   Monica is frantically searching through her purse


                                                     Monica

Where is it!

                                              Cab driver

Mrs Fitzpatrick, did you lose something?

                                                   Monica

Yes, my dayplanner [ beat]  I need that to plan my tour

[ A thought came to her]

                                                Monica

Jeffrey told me he had it at church  [ beat] Driver, I need you to quickly take me to our church

                                              Cab driver

Are you sure you won't be late for your flight?

[ Monica glances at her watch]

                                                Monica

If I can quickly get my dayplanner [ beat] I should be all right

[ Twenty minutes later]

                                                Cab driver

Mrs Fitzpatrick, we are here

[ She opens the door and gets out]

                                                  Monica

I will be right back

[ She quickly walks inside]
[ She walks down the hallway toward the sanctuary]

                                                  Monica

Jeffrey, where are you?
[ She walks into the sanctuary and then sits down in a pew]
[ She watches as the choir begins a rehersal]
[ As she listens. tears start to come down her face]

                                                 Monica

This music is so beautiful

                                                 Jeffrey

Monica, what are you doing here

[ She turns and gives her husband a big hug]

                                              Monica

I miss singing choir music

                                             Jeffrey

Monica, what are you saying?

                                            Monica

When I get home from my tour [ beat]  we'll talk about helping out at church

No comments: