Wednesday, September 5, 2012

the story of Sarai page 16

the story of Sarai page 16 by ric gustafson


A servant showed Sarai a room with white tiles. Outside the wall was a courtyard garden. " This will be your room for the next month" she said as she opened a chest and took out a sheer robe. She handed the robe to Sarai. " If the king is pleased with you, he will marry you". " And if not, you will become one of his concubine".
" What do I use the robe for?".
" It is part of your nightclothes" she said as she pointed at the chest. " The rest of your clothes are in here".
" What is your name servant?".
" I am called Hagar".
" How old are you Hagar?".
" Sixteen my lady".
" I'm hungry".
Hagar smiled. " I will bring some fish, bread and honey".


research help: ' Sarai' by Jill Eileen Smith


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: