Monday, September 17, 2012

rest for the weary bed and dinner Inn page 2

rest for the weary bed and dinner Inn page 2 by ric gustafson

Shari Monroe's teeth chattered as she stared at the flap of her threadbare tent. She could not sleep because she was so cold. She tried to close her eyes but the wind and snow outside the tent made her open them again.
All of a sudden, she noticed that someone was outside the flap of the tent.
" Shari".
She smiled. It was the voice of the nice lady from the homeless shelter. She opened the flap. " Hi".
" Hi Shari, remember me".
" Yes". " You are the nice lady from the homeless shelter".
" That's right" she replied as she smiled. " I came to see how you are doing".
" I'm tired" Shari said as she yawned. " I'm also hungry and cold".
" Remember the blue house with the white picket fence I showed you the last time I was here".
" The nice quiet place that seemed like a sanctuary".
" Somebody there is waiting for you with a warm meal and a warm bed". " Will you try it if I take you there?".
" Yes".


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: