Monday, September 3, 2012

a life of purpose 2012 page 2

a life of purpose 2012 page 2 by ric gustafson


Nicholas ate the last bite of his wheat toast and then looked at the clock on the stove. He took a sip of his coffee and then dumped the rest of it down the drain. He knew he was already late for work. As he opened the hallway closet to put his coat on, he heard the doorbell.
" Who could that be this early in the morning?" he muttered. He walked down the wooden steps to the marble landing and opened the door. It was the Creator.
" Good morning Nicholas" he said with a smile. " I was jogging and thought that I would stop and say hello".
Nicholas stared at his watch. " I'm sorry I can't talk right now I'm late for work".
" Were you able to do your personal devotions this morning?".
" No" was his reply as he put his coat on. " I stayed up too late and woke up late this morning".
" You were created to be with God first and then with others".
" It's easier for me to have personal devotions at night than in the morning".
" That's great, you cannot have two masters".
" Two masters?".
"  Either you love God first or everything else first".
" I love God first"
" Great" the Creator replied. He opened the door to leave. " I better let you get to work".
" Goodbye".


research help: ' The Relationship Principles of Jesus' by Tom Holladay


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: