Saturday, May 28, 2011

the punch line page 1

the punch line page 1 by ric gustafson. free write story 1


I walked down the long steps to the lower commons area. I turned right as a four person jazz band was making the night lively. A large table had been set up and several different types of cookies were on display. I put a chocolate cookie and a coconut one that I had to try right away on a small plate. I walked over to the place where punch and water were being served. I reached over to take an empty cup and startled the girl in front of me.
" I'm sorry" I said as I took the cup. " I was just trying to reach for an empty cup".
" That's ok" she said as she poured a cup of the punch. " You just startled me was all". She walked away.
I poured myself a cup of the punch and then walked over and sat down by the jazz band.
I started to get bored so I pulled out of my coat pocket my small black bible.




Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric.

No comments: