Thursday, May 26, 2011

Clue 2011 page 3

Clue 2011 page 3 by ric gustafson.
I drove into the snowy parking stall. I got out and put some quarters into the frozen meter. I enjoy the downtown library and it's book selections. I walked around the side of the building toward the front steps.
I stopped and glanced across the street toward the city park. I noticed a white truck whose simple sign on the side read ' Salvation Homeless Shelter". I noticed that a small window had opened and a line of men was starting to quickly form.
I walked across the street and came up to one of the men in line. " Do they do this for you every day?".
" Oh yes" replied one of the men as he bit into a roast beef sandwich. " They generously give us a sandwich and water every day".
I watched for over an hour as this homeless shelter was helping the less fortunate. I smiled knowing that I had found my charity of hope.
Everyone take care. Love Ric.

No comments: