Sunday, May 22, 2011

Clue 2011 page 1

Clue 2011 page 1 by ric gustafson.
The office felt cold like eating a bowl of ice cream. I walked toward the cold tiny office window. It was December 5th and I could see that it had started to snow. They were predicting several inches by the next morning and I was trying to finish up so I could go home. The economy during the year had gotten worse and business was very slow. I was going to go home, heat up a Swanson dinner and watch Charles Stanley until it was time to go home.
I was about to turn off the green antique lamp that was on my cluttered desk when I heard a knock on my office door. I opened it to reveal a female who looked determined to talk to somebody. She had on a fancy blue dress and carried a red handbag.
" You are Mortimer Snelling the private eye?".
" Yes I am" I replied as I showed her into my tiny office. " Please have a seat".
She stood by the wooden chair that always fell apart.
I scooped up the old newspapers that were on it and put them in the recycle bin. " Sorry about the clutter, I was just about to leave".
" Your door sign says that you are a christian private eye".
" That's true I am".
" Can we talk Mr Snelling?" she asked in a low tone of voice as she played nervously with her long blonde hair".
Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric.

No comments: