Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hoot Owl page 2

Hoot Owl page 2 by ric gustafson.


" How far to Oklahoma City?" I asked the young man.
" Probably two hours" was his reply as he took my plate and refilled my water glass.
" Is there a nearby motel?".
" Yes, down Main street right at the edge of town".
" Thanks". I got up and paid the bill. As I walked out, I noticed that the young waiter looked like the gas station attendant. I found the motel and noticed that their were no other cars in the parking lot. I walked inside and up to the front desk.
A young man, wearing a pure white suit, walked out of a back room. " Can I help you?".
" Do you have a room for the night?".
" Of course". He smiled and then handed me a key after I had registered. " Have a good night".
As I walked to my room, I noticed that the young man looked like the young waiter at the diner.
I got up the next morning, ate and then drove toward the city limit. As I reached the end of town, I noticed a young man in white next to the Hoot Owl Welcome sign.
I pulled up next to the young man. " This town is like a ghost town, nobody lives here".
" Your right nobody lives here". He turned the sign around. It read ' Hoot Owl population 0".
" Why is it that nobody lives here?".
The young man pointed toward the sky. " This is not our home, Heaven is".
As I drove off down the highway, I noticed that the young man was still holding the sign and smiling at me.





Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric.

No comments: