Friday, July 19, 2024

True Grit page 31

 True Grit page 31 by ric gustafson


" Rooster".
Cogburn knew who's voice it was.
I was on the ground with Pepper's boot on my neck.
" Rooster, can you hear me?".
There was no reply.
" Answer me Rooster". Pepper's voice got louder. " Or I will kill the girl".
" The girl is nothing to me Ned" replied Rooster. " She's a runaway from Arkansas".
" What do you want me to do with her Rooster?". Pepper's voice hesitated. " Kill her".
" Ned, do what you think is best". 
LaBoeuf looked at Cogburn. " Cogburn, what are you doing?".
" Hush". He cleared his throat. " Ned, I would think it over first".
I was still under Ned's boot. " My name is Mattie Ross from near Dardanelle Arkansas".


research help: ' True Grit' by Charles Portis


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: