Thursday, July 25, 2024

I have called you by name page 3

I have called you by name page 3 by ric gustafson


The carriage stopped. 
Zohara looked out the window. " Why are we stopping Nicodemus?".
Five Roman legionnaires approached the carriage. 
Nicodemus stepped out of the carriage.
A young man wearing an immaculate tunic and an imperial helmet got off his horse.
Nicodemus stared at the young officer. " Why have you stopped us?".
" I am Quintus the praetor of Capernaum".
" Did you come to arrest me?".
" No". He smiled. " I am a magistrate serving Pilate".
" How can I help you?".
" We can help each other".
" How?".
" If you will help me with taxes being unpaid". The young officer's voice hesitated. " I will help the Pharisees to keep thriving".


research help: ' The Chosen I have called you by name' by Jerry B Jenkins


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: