Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Shroud page 7

 Shroud page 7 by ric gustafson


Joseph sat in his cell. The door was sealed. A guard was posted outside. 
" You can't keep me here" yelled Joseph. " Jesus will set me free".
In the solitude and darkness of the cell, Joseph began to pray. Joseph prayed for forgiveness. He wished he had done more to stand up against the Sanhedrin.
Joseph prayed. " Forgive me forgive me".
At midnight, Joseph could feel the cell begin to shake. Then Joseph felt the whole jail shake.
" Who's there?". Joseph looked scared. " What's happening?".
Then Joseph saw an apparition in the room. He smiled. He recognized who it was.
" Could it be?". Joseph grinned. " Is it really you?".
" It is me". He smiled. " I am Jesus".
" Praise God".
" I have just left the disciples". There was concern in Jesus's voice. " You must leave this place".
" And go where?".
" Go home to Arimathea". Jesus smiled. " Remain there for 40 days".
Joseph took his belongings, the blood soaked cloth, the crown and the cup.


research help: ' The Only Witness' by Guy R. Powell


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: