Sunday, July 14, 2024

Jezebel page 2

Jezebel page 2 by ric gustafson


Jezebel and Sapphira walked into the temple. It was quiet because it was midday. In front of a statue of Astarte were a few priestesses. Jezebel walked up to the statue. She stared at the face for a long time. Then she knew what she had to do. She turned to one of the priestesses.
" I need to speak with the diviner".
The priestess shook her head. " The diviner is only for the king's use".
Jezebel raised her voice. " Tell them who I am".
Fear came into the priestess's eyes. " I could go get a girl diviner who is in training".
Jezebel yelled. " Go get her".
The priestess returned with a girl not much older than Jezebel. " This is mistress Tanith".
She frowned. " How may I help you Highness?".
" I wish to ask Astarte about my future".
The young girl prayed to Astarte. Then she sacrificed a pure white dove. Then she walked back to Jezebel and Sapphira.
" You and your friend will be together forever".
Jezebel smiled at her friend. " See I told you".
Then the priestess stared at Jezebel and frowned. " Except the very end".


research help: ' Jezebel' by Megan Barnard


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: