Monday, July 15, 2024

True Grit page 30

 True Grit page 30 by ric gustafson



When I shot the revolver at Chaney, the explosion knocked me backwards. I dropped the gun. I picked it up and pointed it at him. I had struck him in the side. He was now on the ground next to a tree. He was holding his side.
" I didn't think you'd do it".
I heard Cogburn yelling from above. " Are you alright baby sister?".
I yelled back. " I shot Chaney".
" I think one of my ribs is broken".
" You killed my father when he was trying to help you".
" He should not of meddled in my business".
" I heard you shot a senator in Texas".
" That man threatened my life". He looked at his side. " Now I've been shot by a child".
In anger, Chaney threw a huge piece of wood at me. It hit me in the chest. I fell backwards into the stream. Chaney slowly stood up, walked over and pulled me out of the water by my coat.


research help: ' True Grit' by Charles Portis


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: