Monday, September 6, 2021

through the eyes of a child page 6

 through the eyes of a child page 6 by ric gustafson


He put the steel cart up to the edge of the grey checkout belt. He started looking for something in his shirt pocket. " Where is that thing?".
" Problem Sir?". The young cashier began scanning the items already on the belt.
" No". He glanced around the floor. " I seem to have lost something that was in my shirt pocket".
The cashier finished scanning the items and then bagged them. " Your total's going to be $120.50".
He opened his wallet and gave him some twentys. Then he gave him two quarters. He felt his shirt pocket one last time. " I seem to have lost directions to a cabin that I've rented". He stared at the young man. " I'm looking for Big Springs Cabins".
" Yes, I know where that is". A customer was putting some items on the belt. " It is ten miles up this highway". He smiled. " Big sign can't miss it".
" Thank you".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: