Wednesday, September 22, 2021

through the eyes of a child page 18

 through the eyes of a child page 18 by ric gustafson


Charles took a driver out of his bag. He put a tee in the cool ground. " John, I'm not sure how much more I can take". He put a golf ball on the tee. " Katie cries every night".
The group ahead walked off the green. Charles hit the ball down the left side of the fairway.
" Your faith is being tested". John Ennis hit his ball down the right side of the fairway. " God will take care of the situation".
Charles found his ball and chipped it onto the green.
John hit his ball onto the green. " Oh, I ran into your old business partner yesterday".
Charles got his putter and walked onto the green. " My old business partner?".
John walked onto the green with his putter. " Remember Maurice Buckley".
Bad memories began to enter Charles's mind. He putted out. " Where did you see him?".
" When I was in Big Springs for a meeting". He putted. " Do you remember the first two years of your career?".
As he walked back to the cart, the painful breakup with his first business partner began to plague his brain.
" I don't want to think about that time in my life". John got in the cart and they went to the next tee. " I want to think about happy memories".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: