Sunday, September 5, 2021

through the eyes of a child page 5

 through the eyes of a child page 5 by ric gustafson


Charles was finishing up an executive meeting. The intercom rang. He and his wife Katie were looking forward to the return of their daughter Kelly from college. " Mr Brown".
" Yes Michelle".
" Mr Brown, I'm sorry for interrupting the meeting". The female voice hesitated. " You have a family call you should probably take in your office".
" Gentlemen, I'm sorry to stop the meeting".
" Is everything ok Charles?".
" I have an urgent call I'll need to take".
Charles walked out of the conference room. He walked down to his office. He shut the door. He sat down at his large oak desk. His cell phone rang. " Hello, this is Charles Brown".
" Jessica slow down". He began to worry. " Try to speak a little more clearly".
As the call went on, Charles's face turned ashen.
" Jessica, I'll be right there".
He closed the cellphone.
Tears began to form in his eyes. " Lord, please help me".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: