Monday, September 27, 2021

through the eyes of a child page 19

 through the eyes of a child page 19 by ric gustafson


Kelly had opened her bible to the book of Psalms. As she studied it, Maurice walked into the kitchen to heat up some beef stew.
He walked in carrying two bowls.
She grinned. " Beef stew again".
He untied one of her arms. He handed her a bowl.
As she ate, she looked intently at Maurice. " What did my father ever do to you?".
He thought for a moment. " What did your father do to me?".
Kelly ate the beef stew and listened.
" Your father and I started an investment firm". His voice hesitated. " And for years everything was great".
" Then what happened?".
" One day, your father accused me of stealing from the firm".
" I'm sure my father had a good reason".
" I went to prison". He slammed a fist on the dresser. " My life and career were ruined forever". The tone of his voice was anger. " He did not raise a finger to help me".
" My father is a kind generous man".
" I want revenge". He picked up his rifle. " I will get it".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: