Sunday, September 19, 2021

through the eyes of a child page 15

 through the eyes of a child page 15 by ric gustafson


Kelly's stomach growled. She struggled against the heavy rope securing her to the bed.
He came in carrying a tray with two bowls on it. He sat down in a wicker chair. He began to eat.
She stared at him. Her stomach growled. " What are you eating?".
He ate a spoonful. " Beef stew".
" I'm really hungry". She struggled against the rope. " Can I have some please?".
" Ok but no funny business". He stared at her. " My rifle is right outside the room".
" I promise".
He untied one of her hands. He handed her the other bowl of stew.
She began to eat.
" I figured your father would go back to the scene of the crime". He kept eating the stew. " So I left him a ransom note".
" My father's smart". She kept eating. " He will figure you out".
" Don't be so sure". He took her bowl away. He tied her hands. " I cut out the letters from magazines".
" My father will find me". She yelled as he left the room. " He will".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: