Thursday, April 13, 2017

Matthew page 7

Matthew page 7 by ric Gustafson


Levi arrived at his tax office. Efah handed him a sealed message from Rome. He opened it. " It is telling me that Knight Leontius and his entourage are coming to talk about my deal with Simon and the fishermen".
" I need to close the markets" Efah replied as he put his cloak on. " Do you want me to be here when they come?".
" I'll let you know".
Levi gave his partner a serious stare. " Efah, am I going to be replaced?".
" Of course not". He put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. " You just renewed your contract". He looked at him. " Levi, there is one thing that disturbs me".
He sighed. " What is that my friend?".
" Are you eager to give this up?". His voice hesitated. " You seem to be getting soft".
" Why, do you want to replace me?".
He grinned. " Not yet".
Levi did not tell his partner that his attitude about his profession had been changing.


research help: ' Matthew's Story' by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins


Happy Maundy Thursday. Love Ric

No comments: