Saturday, November 17, 2012

where in the world is Lucas the turkey page 6

where in the world is Lucas the turkey? page 6 by ric gustafson


Martin closed the bedroom door. He could hear hushed voices downstairs and his father talking to someone on his cell phone. He noticed Lucas in a corner shaking. " Sorry about that Lucas" he said as he tried to console his new friend. " I did not know that my Mom would do that".
Gobble Gobble that's ok.
He heard his father's voice. " Martin, can you please come down here?". He heard the sound of a police siren down the street. " Lucas, I don't think I can keep you safe here any longer".
Gobble Gobble I know
An idea came to Martin. He opened his closet and took out a rope with a basket attached. " I used to play with this when I was a kid". He opened the bedroom window and heard the police siren getting closer. " I'll lower you to the ground and then you can escape". He gave the turkey a hug and then put him into the basket. " Thank you Lucas for being my friend".
Gobble Gobble  Martin, thank you for the chance to live.
He lowered the basket to the ground. Lucas jumped out and ran into the neighbors big bush. Just then, a police car came into the driveway.
Martin smiled as he pulled the rope and basket back up.
" Goodbye Lucas".

The End- dedicated to Tom E


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: