Thursday, November 15, 2012

where in the world is Lucas the turkey page 4

where in the world is Lucas the turkey? page 4 by ric gustafson


Martin quietly closed the door and turned on the TV. He took the remote and turned the channel to the one he wanted. He put a blanket over Lucas and then heard the familiar theme music.
Gobble Gobble what are we watching
" This is one of my favorite shows from the 60's" he said as he laughed out loud. " It's called Green Acres".
Gobble Gobble that looks like a pig
" It is and his name is Arnold". He laughed out loud again. " Next month they are going to have a movie about Mr Douglas wanting a real tree for Christmas and it's called a Green Acres Christmas".
" Martin, who are you talking to?".
" My friend Lucas and I are watching Green Acres". He hesitated. " Mom".
" Yes".
" Lucas has no place to go for Thanksgiving tommorow". " Can he eat with us?".
" I'm sorry to hear that, of course he can".
Gobble Gobble no turkey
" What did you're friend say?".
" My friend said thank you".
" I need you to come downstairs and help me get ready for tomorrow".
" Ok Mom". He smiled at Lucas. " You'll be safe in here".
Gobble Gobble thank you


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: