Friday, November 2, 2012

Flavius Artemis- the centurion page 5

Flavius Artemis- the centurion page 5 by ric gustafson


Flavius saw the man step out of the shadows and walk slowly toward Caiaphas. He drew his sword and walked quickly to get in between the two. Caiaphas raised his hand that he was alright.
" Again, what are you willing to give me if I deliver him to you?".
" Who are you?" Caiaphas asked.
" My name is Judas Iscariot". The young man stared at the chief priest. " I believe that we have a common interest".
" And what interest is that?".
" The Rabbi from Galilee".
" Ah yes, the Rabbi from Galilee" Caiaphas exclaimed as he sat down in his chair. " And how can you help with this situation?".
" I was the treasurer for their group" Judas said as his eyes darted around the room. " I know him and know where he goes and can take you to him".
" Why are you doing this?" Caiaphas quietly asked with a serious look on his face. " What is in it for you?".
" I have my reasons and I assume I will be compensated financially".
" Ah yes financially". He scratched his chin in thought. " Wait here while I talk to the others".
Caiaphas walked over to the table and quietly chatted with the other priests. After a while, he motioned for Flavius to follow him into a small room. He handed the centurion a bag of coins. " Give this to that Judas as his compensation and take a detachment of your best soldiers". He smiled at Flavius. " Go with this Judas, arrest this Rabbi and bring him to me". He smiled and put a hand on Flavius's shoulder. " Be careful, I hear he might be dangerous".
" It will be done".


research help: ' The Murder of Jesus' by John Macarthur


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: