Tuesday, November 13, 2012

where in the world is Lucas the turkey page 3

where in the world is Lucas the turkey? page 3 by ric gustafson


The bus door slowly opened and Martin walked up to the coin machine. He hung onto Lucas and helped him get inside the door.
Gobble Gobble
" What was that?" the driver asked as he stared at Lucas.
" Sorry" Martin said as he put his money into the machine. " My friend has trouble with his voice".
" Is your friend going to pay his fare?".
Gobble Gobble I do not know what money is
" What did he say?".
" He's hard to understand" he said as he took some coins out of his pocket. " I'll pay his fare".
The driver kept staring at Lucas as they walked back to some open seats. They sat down.
" Why did you escape from the turkey farm?".
Gobble Gobble Thanksgiving is in two days, I wanted to live
" I don't blame you for that" Martin said as he looked around to see if anybody noticed his new friend. " Where are you going to go after Thanksgiving?".
Gobble Gobble I don't know
They sat in silence for five miles and then Martin pulled the cord. " Lucas, my house is just down the road". He smiled at his new friend. " I will do my best to hide you until after Thanksgiving".
Gobble Gobble thank you.


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: