Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beatitudes 2012 page 2

Beatitudes 2012 page 2 by ric gustafson


I sat down on a bench and began to eat my lunch. The young man waited for people to sit down at the benches.
As I began to eat my tuna fish sandwich, the young man began to talk. " Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
" Does that mean I have to be dirt poor in order to get to heaven" yelled a young man.
The young man grinned at him as others chuckled. " God doesn't look at rich or poor, he looks at your heart".
" What is he looking for in my heart?" snickered a young woman who was munching on an apple.
" Pride, which is the foundation of sin".
" The foundation of sin?" asked a confused man.
" God wants us to depend on him and not on our worldly riches".


research help: ' A Beautiful Offering' by Angela Thomas


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: