Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beatitudes 2012 page 3

Beatitudes 2012 page 3 by ric gustafson


As I started to eat a peeled orange, I noticed that a couple of people had left after hearing the young man's words.
" Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted".
" I sure mourn when I see how much is in my checkbook" snickered a young woman.
" Have you mourned something in your life?".
She stared at the young man with sad eyes. " Yes". Tears began to form and then fall down her face. " My father died two months ago".
The young man walked over and then wiped away her tears with his scarred hands. " Did you mourn alone or with others?".
" Alone".
" God wants you to mourn with others so the healing can begin".
I noticed more people standing up to leave.


research help: ' A Beautiful Offering' by Angela Thomas


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric


No comments: