Thursday, August 30, 2012

Beatitudes 2012 page 6

Beatitudes 2012 page 6 by ric gustafson


I opened my blue tupperware container and began to eat my dessert. I glanced at my watch and noticed that my lunch break was about over. I looked over at the young man who was still talking.
" Blessed are the merciful for they will be shown mercy".
A young woman raised her hand. " What do you mean by that?".
She looked at him with a sad face. " Why would God show a bad person like me mercy?".
" God is a friend to sinners and shows mercy equally to everyone".
" He would do that for me!".
" Yes Amy, he loves everyone".
She gave him a strange look. " How did you know my name is Amy?".
" God loves you and wants blessings to come your way".
" What does God want in return?".
" Only that you show mercy to others".
" I can do that".
I looked at my watch. It was about time to go back to work.


research help: ' A Beautiful Offering' by Angela Thomas


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: